1. Oracle RAC Configuration Audit Tool
The Oracle RAC Configuration Audit Tool (RACcheck) is designed to audit various important configuration settings within an Oracle RAC system. This tool evaluates single instance and Oracle RAC database installations for best practices, configuration issues, regular health checks, and pre- and post-upgrade best practices.
You can use RACcheck to audit configuration settings for
- Database parameters and configuration settings important to Oracle RAC
- Operating system kernel parameters
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Operating system packages and configuration
- Upgrade readiness assessment to Oracle Database 11g release 2 (11.2)
- Oracle Database and Oracle ASM (Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Intel Linux (Enterprise Linux, RedHat and SuSE 9,10, 11)
- Oracle Solaris SPARC (Solaris 10 and 11), x86-64 (Solaris 10 and 11)
- IBM AIX
The Oracle Trace File Analyzer (TFA) Collector is a diagnostic utility, will be useful to simplify diagnostic data collection for Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Clusterware, and Oracle RAC systems.
TFA is installed into the Oracle Grid Infrastructure home when you install, or upgrade to 22.214.171.124. It discovers relevant trace file directories and analyzes the files. The TAF information is stored in a Berkeley database in the Grid home
You can use TFA either on demand and automatically.
- Use tfactl set to enable automatic collection of diagnostics
- Use tfactl diagcollect command to collect trimmed trace files for any component and time range
Starts the TFA daemon
Stops the TFA daemon
Stops and then starts the TFA daemon
Stops the TFA daemon and removes entries from the appropriate O/S configuration
Satishbabu Gunukula, Oracle ACE